In Congress, Lori Trahan will lead the fight to expand health care access for every American and making sure costs are affordable. The battle to pass the Affordable Care Act was hard fought and Lori plans to help improve and strengthen the ACA.
Healthcare is a right, not a privilege.
- Defend and expand the Affordable Care Act, which helps cover over 20 million Americans. Lori will stand up to Republican-led attacks that try to dismantle the ACA. Lori plans to build on the current success of the law and make sure no American is left uninsured.
- Defend access to reproductive health care. Lori will work to ensure that every woman has access to reproductive healthcare.
- Bring down out-of-pocket costs and deductibles. Families in the Third District are being bogged down by rising out-of-pocket costs. Health care should be simple to understand and manage. Patients should be provided with information about proposed treatments that includes alternative options. Lori believes we need to standardize medical records and make them easily transferrable between providers. This will help simplify the patient’s management of their care, reduce costs for providers, and improve the quality of care.
- Reduce the cost of prescription drugs. Today, Americans pay more than double than what other countries pay for prescription drugs and Lori is committed to rectifying this. Lori believes we need to demand lower drug costs for working families and seniors.
- Double the funding for community health centers.